The MG P-Type was a sports car that MG manufactured from 1934 till 1936. The PA came on the market in 1934 and the PB a year later.
A striking design detail is the transition to the beautifully lined fenders with running boards mounted directly on the body. The engine was equipped with three crankshaft bearings and a strong 939 cc engine. You can recognize the MG PB through its grille with vertical bars and separate mileage and tachometers. The MG PB were available as open two-seater, open four-seater and as Airline Coupé.
This impressive MG PB from 1936 has started in many world-class rallies and driving events in the past which makes its highly eligible to participate in Mille Miglia, Le Mans Classics, Goodwood Revival, Zoute Grand Prix, GP Nuvolari, Coppa d'oro delle Dolomiti, … .
This matching number car has undergone a ground up restauration over a period of 18 years with many photographs and invoices for the work carried out over this period:
• Chassis rebuilt and straightened with new ash frame body from Enrique Linares
• New body panels and restored wings
• Engine completely rebuilt with new camshaft, followers, valves etc. and lead free valve seats. Rebuilt SU carburettors and new SU fuel pump. Starter motor, diff and steering box rebuilt
• New clutch and brake linnings
• New bearings in rebuilt differential and gearbox
• Full double tonneau, hood and sidescreens. Cherry red leather seating. New trim and carpets
• Completely rewired with new loom, LED sidelights, stoplights and indicators
• Fully rewound dynamo field coils and armature, reconditioned starter motor
• Modern three coil regulator. New distributor. New petrol tank.
• Documented history file with all invoices and photographies
• Many new parts from MG specialists
This exciting automobile is in top condition.
8501 Bissegem (Kortrijk)
tel. 0032 (0) 56 31 52 04