E-TYPE SERIE 1 - 3,8 - Roadster
- Extensively restored to full original spec & meticulously maintained;
- Heritage certificate / “Matching numbers";
- Recently upgraded ventilated front & rear brakes, new tires, custom made steering wheel with original look (optional);
- Between 1961 and 1964 Jaguar produced 6.886 LHD E-Type Serie 1 Roadsters with 3.8 l engine.
In 1962 Jaguar produced 2.392 LHD Roadsters.
- This E-Type was produced on the 27th September 1962 and was dispatched to Jaguar Cars of New York on 16th of October 1962, where it spent most of its life. Information about the American owner(s) was not available;
- The car was imported in Germany late nineties by an old-timer collector, where it was extensively restored maintaining as much as original parts as possible; The car was changed to Carmen Red with Cream leather Interior and Cream Soft-top as per the color scheme of the original 1961 publicity folder; the car was sparingly used by the collector's mechanic (the owner did not fit in the car due to his physical condition); due to this and change of focus in his collection, the owner decided to sell the car;
- The car was acquired by the current owner, a mechanical engineer in Oct 2003, where it has been in his proud and happy possession until this day;
- The car has covered approximately 4000 miles in 18 years and has only been driven in nice weather conditions.
- Maintenance was mainly done by the owner, except for some specific elements (vehicle emission control, lights, wheel alignment & new tires; …)
- To improve the safety, the car has received upgraded brakes (ventilated front discs & improved rear brakes – Fosseway Performance Brakes, used in racing E-types); also the original radiator core was upgraded to an improved copper racing core, using the original radiator body, without the need for an additional electric fan to avoid overheating; these upgrades do not change anything to the look of the car.
- In 2020 the car received new classic Vredestein tires and a new battery in 2021.
- During the last 18 years, the owner acquired an original tool kit and jack which now come with the car;
- A sturdier Flat floor style custom made steering wheel was installed and can be purchased with the car.
- The complete maintenance files and some original parts (brakes, steering wheel, etc) will accompany the car.
- A luxury custom made matching colors car cover comes with the car.
This E-type is an excellent example and tremendous fun to drive.
Now waiting for a new passionate owner to become the new custodian for the years to come !